Intense Pulse Light (IPL) Treatment is a cosmetic procedure that utilizes high-intensity light to improve the appearance of skin. The treatment is commonly used for conditions such as age spots, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, rosacea, broken capillaries, and freckles.
IPL for age spots sun damage fine lines wrinkles
IPL Photofacial in the US
IPL treatment is a non-invasive procedure that uses a handheld device emitting high-intensity light pulses. The light penetrates the skin and targets specific pigments and blood vessels. The targeted pigments absorb the light, which heats up and breaks down, eventually being absorbed by the body. The process of breaking down the pigments and blood vessels is what causes the improvement in the appearance of the skin.
IPL Photofacial by the Numbers
The global market size for IPL is predicted to exceed
The first IPL device was approved in
Expert Dermatology Care for the Entire Family
Benefits of IPL
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) therapy offers multiple benefits for skin health and aesthetics. Here are some key benefits:
- Treats Various Skin Conditions: IPL can address a wide range of skin conditions, including rosacea, hyperpigmentation, age spots, sun damage, freckles, birthmarks, and certain types of acne.
- Reduces Redness and Broken Blood Vessels: IPL is often used to treat skin redness and visible blood vessels on the face, which are common symptoms of rosacea.
- Improves Skin Texture: By stimulating collagen production, IPL can improve skin texture, making it feel smoother and more supple.
- Minimally Invasive: Unlike surgical procedures, IPL treatments are minimally invasive. These treatments are performed in our aesthetic center without the need for anesthetics or incisions.
- Little to No Downtime: Most people can return to their daily activities immediately after an IPL treatment, which makes it a convenient option for those with busy schedules.
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles: While not its primary use, IPL can contribute to a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen production.
- Brightens Skin: IPL can help to reduce the appearance of dull skin, leaving the skin looking brighter and more radiant.
As with any skin treatment, IPL isn’t suitable for everyone, and it’s essential to consult with one of our State-Licensed Aestheticians to determine if this treatment is the right option for your specific skin type and condition.
Who is a candidate for IPL Photofacial?
Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatment is suitable for individuals with specific skin concerns such as age spots, sun damage, rosacea, broken capillaries, and freckles. Ideal candidates for IPL treatment have fair skin tones and have not recently tanned.
However, individuals with dark skin tones or those who have recently tanned may not be good candidates for the treatment. Additionally, individuals who have certain medical conditions, such as lupus or any other autoimmune disease, may not be able to undergo IPL treatment. Also, certain medications may preclude you from treatment, like certain blood thinners or other medication that causes sun sensitivity.
Our IPL Photofacial Solution
At Blue Ridge Dermatology, we have invested in the state-of-the-art Lumecca IPL from InMode. There are several advantages to using the Inmode Lumecca IPL over other IPL treatments:
High-powered and fast: The Lumecca IPL system delivers high-powered, precisely-targeted pulses of light that penetrate the skin, breaking down unwanted pigments and blood vessels and providing fast results.
Versatile: Lumecca IPL is designed to treat a range of skin concerns, including age spots, sun damage, rosacea, broken capillaries, and freckles, making it a versatile treatment option.
Comfortable: The Lumecca IPL system is designed to be comfortable for patients with minimal discomfort or pain during the procedure.
Minimal downtime: Unlike other cosmetic treatments, Lumecca IPL has minimal downtime, allowing patients to return to their normal activities immediately after the procedure.
High-precision: Lumecca IPL uses advanced technology to deliver high-precision, targeted pulses of light that improve the appearance of the skin without causing damage to surrounding tissue.
Effective: Lumecca IPL is an effective treatment for a range of skin concerns, with most individuals seeing visible improvements after 3 to 4 sessions.
Expert Dermatology Care for the Entire Family
Frequently Asked Questions about IPL
- How long does IPL treatment take, and how many sessions are required? The length of the treatment varies depending on the size of the treated area and the severity of the skin concern. Most IPL treatments take about 30 minutes to an hour. The number of sessions required varies for each patient, but most individuals will see visible results after 3 to 4 sessions.
- Is IPL treatment painful? IPL treatment may cause some discomfort or a mild burning sensation during the procedure, but this can be managed with cooling gels. Most individuals find the procedure to be relatively pain-free.
- How long does it take to see results from IPL treatment? Most individuals will see visible results after 3 to 4 sessions. The results of IPL treatment may continue to improve over the next few weeks as the body continues to absorb the broken-down pigments and blood vessels.
- How much does IPL treatment cost? The cost of IPL treatment varies depending on the size of the treated area, the skin concern’s severity, expertise, and the geographical location you currently reside. It is important to discuss this topic with our State-Licensed Aesthetician before undergoing the treatment.
- Is IPL treatment permanent? IPL treatment can provide long-lasting results but is not a permanent solution. Maintenance treatments may be required every 6 – 12 months to maintain the results. Also, the use of sunscreen is going to dictate how much sun damage is prevented after the treatment. Maintenance treatment frequency will depend on factors such as skin type, age, and lifestyle.
In conclusion, IPL treatment is a safe, non-invasive, and effective way to improve the appearance of the skin. The procedure can be customized to suit individual needs and can provide visible results with minimal risks and side effects. However, it is important to choose a qualified and experienced professional to perform the treatment and to be aware of the potential risks and side effects. At Blue Ridge Dermatology, we specialize in treatments like IPL Photofacial treatment and have years of experience helping individuals like you achieve better-looking skin and natural results.